Yesterday, I was listening to Something for Kate’s echolalia CD, and here is what I remembered.
1. I bought this CD after work one day. I had bought my only Ben Folds Five CD (which is so beautiful) on the way to the bus stop, except I missed the bus. So I visited an old second hand shop on Parramatta rd, and they were selling this CD for only $6. I had heard Mark rant about them several times, so I decided it might be a neat investment. It was.
2. Either just before or just after primary school finished, I (or we?) were at Kate’s house, and she had bought the Monsters single. She liked that a band had her name in it.
3. Mark and I went to The Great Escape. Mark seemed very disappointed with the people in the crowd. I thought the girl in the band didn’t smile enough. Sigur Ros were really cool.
4. Once at uni, Nicole told me she liked the song White and would play it on her guitar. I was suprised, I thought maybe Something for Kate was too mellow for her. I haven’t seen Nicole in ages and I miss her.
5. There was a really really neat chord progression that they use a lot. I wish I was musical enough to pin it down. It is more than neat. It is indescribably amazing. Sufjan Stevens uses it it The Transfiguration and I think it is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. Sometimes it makes me want to be a musician, but I don’t think I could handle it.