About this time last year I jumped on birdienl‘s bandwagon and answered a series of questions on my favourite films. This year she has been at it again with a very enlightening series of posts on books, and again I am inspired to follow suit. This time I have done it all in one go.
I have hidden my self-indulgent reading reflections behind a cut.
For the curious and bored: Spally was once an avid reader…
This was on Kristi’s journal.
New York City. You are most definitely from New York City. Not New Jersey, not Connecticut. If you are from Jersey then you can probably get into New York City in 10 minutes or less.
Take this quiz now – it’s easy!
|We’re going to start with "cot" and "caught." When you say those words do they sound the same or different?
Same, no wait I mean different, maybe, a little bit different…
This weekend was an awkward, and I pine for communities that I will never ever be part of again. Like the random collection of gig friends who I used to run into every month or two. And the girls from dancing who don’t recognise me or talk to me anymore.
Here is a neat idea from Lucy, who played 20 random songs on her computer and then wrote the memories that they brought back.
1. Minority – Green Day [Dariya Kaing’s year 8 punk phase, particulary when Sam Thorne made fun of here in Art class]
2. New Song In My Heart – Nathan Tasker [A drive to Palm Beach, at night, with Saz and Brad]
3. Adagio (Summer) – Vivaldi [Catching the train from Venice to Vienna]
4. Motown Never Sounded So Good – Less Than Jake [Singing with Paul Liao at afternoon tea, in first year]
5. Get Off – The Dandy Warhols [Singing with Alix in Manning, in first year]
6. Playing Games – John Reichardt [Taking the train to Epping with Jess Santosa to watch John Reichardt play]
7. Winter Fields – Standing Tall [Hanging out with the bands at the Undaground]
8. Take My Hand – Ben Harper and the Blind Boys of Alabama [The guilty feeling of buying a CD because the cover looks good]
9. Tisbury Lane – Mae [The glory days of the Crying Out Loud forum]
10. Sweet Angel – Blind [Saz and I went on our first real road trip to chase a band when we went to Wollongong to see Blind]
11. That’s how the story ends – Five Iron Frenzy [I was so sad that I missed Five Iron]
12. All The Hype – Five Iron Frenzy [When Brad says Hype you do or die]
13. Out of Egypt, into the great laugh of Mankind, and I shake the dust from my sandals as I run – Sufjan Stevens [Driving places with Matt]
14. Fly Away – go_roko [Lauren and Kate and Joy dancing]
15. Prolegomenon – Crying Out Loud [Too many memories to put in these brackets]
16. Saturday – Olivia the Band [My 19th birthday. And also bike riding through Marrickville with my iPod in.]
17. Hyakugojyuichi – Pokemon soundtrack [Robert Bautista used to make me rad mp3 CDs]
18. I’m not Ashamed – Newsboys [Wilmo also made a me a rad CD]
19. Prelude (Coppelia) – Delibes [Coppelia is the best ballet I have ever seen]
20. Samuel Goldenburg and Schmuyle – Mussorgsky [Falling in love with classical music in year 8]
||You scored as Rugrats,
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Clarissa Explains It All
Rocko’s Modern Life
Ren & Stimpy
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
The Secret World of Alex Mack
Which Old School Nickelodeon Show Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com
That’s right. Rugrats was old school. Back before they got a second generation of children, and then they grew up and went to school. Please.
I have never seen or heard of Double Dare.
I wanted to be Alex Mack.
I was absolutely going to go to bed 2 hours ago
Create your own Friend Quiz here
Please see if you win at my quiz.
Goodnight. From Spally.
What comes to mind when you hear..
..tornado?: The day after tomorrow
..summer love?: Grease
..dizzy?: spinning in primary school
..Laura?: red hair
..peppermint?: mint slice
..New Found Glory?: Paul Liao
..orange juice?: I’m thirsty
..candid camera?: ?
..sister?: I just kicked her out of my room for whinging
..brother?: SOUNDS LIKE CHICKEN GIG!
..hate?: don’t do it
..school?: It’s over
..rap?: wikka wah
..pop?: channel V
..rock?: scissors, paper, rock
..punk?: kids like Philip
..sex?: Patricia Weerakoon
..duuude?: someone with a small vocabulary
..the end?: eschatology
Time to finish my essay now.
I was hungry so I heated up some of last night’s stir fry. Unfortunately we had no rice and I am too lazy tonight to cook some, so I ripped up pieces of bread to masquerade as rice. It didn’t work too well.
I liked this one that Mike and Cam and Kylz did, and it seems worthwhile for me to do in my fit of procrastination.
Bold all the places youve been from the “I’ve been everywhere” song.
Geelong – Hmph